Random facts of the day:
1. I went on a run and a bike ride today. I also didn't eat any sweets. I'm feeling weird about this.
2. I taught myself how to play ukulele today.
3. I bought a little herb garden at the farmer's market today. You know, like the kind that lives in a box. It has all sorts of good things, but no tarragon. :(
4. Yesterday I went through Dad's closet with him and dumped all of his 80s clothes. He made me proud.
5. After I put about five garbage bags full 80s clothes in the Goodwill pile, I helped Dad go shopping. He made it to about three stores before he got tired. That made me proud as well.
6. Dad and I went to Olive Garden when we were done shopping to reward ourselves. It was a grand reward. It is also the cause of my Mediterranean mood.
Good bread (I made some sourdough. I promise I really will give you a recipe someday.)
Chicken (I used some of a rotisserie chicken)
Slices of cheese (I used provolone mozzarella. Somehow it was like a mix of both of them. Delish.)
Sliced red bell peppers
Sliced white onions
Sliced black olives
Butter the bread on the inside and toast it under the broiler or on on the stove on medium high heat.
Then top with the chicken and sliced cheese and keep cooking until the cheese is melted. Top with some of everything else and call it a day.
Have fun trying to get your mouth around this baby.