One day Spinach and Artichoke met at a salad bar and Artichoke's heart missed a beat. It was love, and they married the next day. But the two were so different. Other salad toppings were critical when Artichoke announced her pregnancy. What monster of a baby could arise from such a union?
Behold: Nine months later Macoroni and Cheese emerged! And by thunder, she was the most beautiful thing since blue cheese.
Well, as you might have guessed by now, this is not the familiar voice of Yammie. That is because this is not Yammie. But her sister, "Piggy", as she has aptly named me, for I so enjoy her foods. Why am I writing her post for her? Well, I noticed she looked tired, she's been busy today, and being the loving, selfless sister I am, I offered to write it for her.
She's also paying me thirty bucks.
As you see above, I have absolutely no idea how Spinach Artichoke Macoroni and Cheese was created. All I can tell you is that she tasted wonderful.
By the way, this isn't really "Spinach Artichoke Macoroni and Cheese," at all, it should be called, "Spinach Artichoke Gemelli and Cheese". Don't be ashamed if you didn't notice the intricate differences between the two pastas. I've been around pasta my whole life.
Here's Yammie's recipe:
- Spinach Artichoke Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups dry pasta (Yammie used gemelli, but you can use macaroni)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes
- 1/2 cup chopped and packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened.
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus 1 additional cup for the top)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half and half (heavy cream or regular milk would also work)
- Grease a casserole dish and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl except for the 1 cup of mozzarella for the top and the half and half. Add to the cooked and drained pasta and stir until well combined and the cream cheese is melted. Add the half and half.
- Pour into greased casseroled dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Don't forget to follow Yammie's Noshery on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Or enter your email address in the top right hand sidebar to follow by email!
Enjoy your food and you will enjoy your life. Thanks for reading!