So I guess the bad news is that the winter weather has officially begun. The truth is though, I don't mind. The snow is looking fine and I'm also enjoying the amount of chili that it is socially acceptable to consume in this weather. Not that the weather ever stops me from eating whatever I want, but people just seem to think it's weird when to make chili on an 80ºF day in summer. Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is.
Either way, you are allowed to make chili now without having to worry about the ridicule, so enjoy.
- Creamy Cheesy White Chicken Chili
- 1 Rotisserre Chicken, shredded
- 1/2 of a white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 7 oz. can of green chiles
- 8 oz. frozen corn
- 2 15.5 oz. cans white kidney beans (cannelli beans)
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combination of pepperjack and monterey jack)
- Cilantro and limes for serving
- In a large pot, saute the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper in a little bit of oil on medium heat until softened. Add the chicken, chiles, corn, beans chicken stock, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and continue cooking until it comes to a simmer (if you prefer a non-creamy soup, it's great at this point too!). Add the sour cream and cream cheese. Toss together the cornstarch and cheese and add to the pot. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
Don't forget to follow Yammie's Noshery on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Or enter your email address in the top right hand sidebar to follow by email!