While I was editing these photos I was talking to my friend who was over on the day that I had made this dip. I was complaining about how this did not look as appetizing as I had hoped. To make me feel better he said, "Well it tasted great! You should just post it on Halloween and call it barf sauce!"
Okay. Thank you for those words of comfort. I don't know what has possessed me to actually take your advice.
I promised myself I wasn't going to tell you about that because I didn't want to gross you out, but you know me. No filter. You'll just have to try to forget about it and make this sauce, because seriously, it's awesome.
- Sausage Queso Dip
- (I should warn you this makes a lot, but we didn't have any trouble eating it all in one day)
- 1 lb. breakfast pork sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic, minced
- 7 oz. can green chiles, drained
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (Or you could use Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles instead of the two separate cans. I just didn't have any.)
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 6 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- Brown and drain the sausage in a large pot. Drain and set aside. In the pot add a little oil (or leave a few tablespoons of the grease from the sausage) and add the garlic and onion. Saute until tender. Add the tomatoes, chiles, spices, and milk. Toss the cheese and cornstarch together and add to the pot. Continue cooking until thickened.
Don't forget to follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Or enter your email address in the top right sidebar to receive posts by email!