Okay, so I guess that was a big lie about me not posting anything but pumpkin for two months. Oops.
It's just... THE HONEYCRISPS. I know, the caps lock is obnoxious, but they deserve it. You really have no right to be complaining about me lying about the pumpkin when these bad boys are in season.
This dip is really easy. I used to always make it with store bought caramel back in the days when I used to think caramel was hard to make. Now I make my own caramel which takes an extra few minutes, but is definitely worth it.
Here, as you can see, I made it in a bowl since all of my pie plates are ugly. I think it's best in a pie plate since it's shallower, but whatever you want. It's yours now.
- Caramel Toffee Cheesecake Apple Dip
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 8 oz. bag of Heath Toffee Bits (you probably won't use the entire thing)
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until it becomes a dark caramel color (be careful not to burn!). Immediately add the butter and cream (be careful, it will bubble up). Add the salt and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of a pie plate or shallow dish. Pour cooled caramel over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with Heath bits. Store in the refrigerator (once completely chilled the caramel will be thicker than what you see in the photos).
Don't forget to follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Or enter your email address in the top right hand sidebar to follow by email!