I'm really not sure if this even qualifies as a taco. I was thinking about naming it chipotle chicken piles instead, but... no.
As ugly as this "taco" may or may not seem, it really is what's on the inside that counts.
I currently have an obsession with chipotles in adobo sauce. Chipotles, in case you didn't know, are actually jalapenos which are smoke dried to enhance their awesomeness and adobo sauce is just this sauce of paprika, garlic, vinegar, and other stuff that the chipotles are soaked in (thank you, Wikipedia).
Anyway, I got the chicken marinade recipe from (you'll never guess) my friend, Sarah. She's the one who got me on this chipotle kick in the first place. You guys have so much to thank her for, you don't even know. I probably would have destroyed this blog in a fit of rage by now if she hadn't been giving me such inspiration.
By the way, if anyone knows how to properly fold an overstuffed taco without it looking like a pile of slop, speak now or forever look at pictures like this...
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Bacon Flatbread Tacos
- Ingredients for the chicken:
- 3 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce (smashed up or pureed), plus more for tossing at the end
- Juice from two limes
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts (or however many you want)
- Ingredients for the chipotle cream sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce (smashed up or pureed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- a pinch of salt
- Ingredients for the guacamole:
- 2 avocados
- The juice of one lime
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- For assembly:
- Flatbread (Recipe hopefully maybe coming soon. You can also just use regular tortillas.)
- Cheese (I randomly used cheddar and provolone because that's what I had)
- Chopped Tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce (I didn't use lettuce. No room.)
- Cooked bacon
- The rest of the chipotles in adobo sauce
- Lime wedges
- Combine the lime juice, chipotles, oil, and salt for the chicken and marinade the chicken and then grill it. When it's done, chop it up small and toss it with more chipotles in adobo sauce if you want it spicy.
- Combine all the ingredients for the chipotle cream sauce and set aside.
- For the guacamole, smash up one avocado and then add the lime, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and salt and mix well. Chop up the remaining avocado and stir it in, smashing it up slightly.
- For assembly, top each flat bread with some chopped chicken and cheese. You can heat them up in the oven (I would probably just broil it on low), on the stove, or on the grill (or it the microwave like I lamely did) until the cheese is melted. Top with bacon, chipotle cream sauce, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, avocados, and lettuce, and more chipotles in adobo sauce if you want. Serve with lime wedges.
Don't forget to follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Or enter your email address in the top right sidebar to receive posts in your inbox!