Do you remember the ultimate moistness of Grandma's famous banana bread muffins? How about the ultimate carrot cake muffins? Well, prepare yourself for a triple deja vu then, because the banana bread, the carrot cake, and this zucchini cake are all based on Grandma's ultimate recipe. Perfected over the years to become the moist and delicious work of art that it is today.
And just when you were thinking that it couldn't get any better than this, the browned butter frosting happened. As you know, browned butter can only improve anything it touches. This zucchini cake is no exception. The melt in your mouth, nutty, deliciousness cannot be beat.
Just promise me one thing, when I use this recipe yet again in the fall to make some kind of pumpkin muffin or cake or whatnot, just pretend to act surprised. Kbye.
- Zucchini Bars with Browned Butter Frosting
- Click here for gluten free instructions
- Ingredients for the Zucchini Bread Bars:
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (I packed it in pretty well)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, salt, soda, powder, and cinnamon and add to the rest, stirring just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Ingredients for the Browned Butter Frosting:
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons heavy cream (milk would also work)
- Cook the butter on the stove until browned. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. Alternately add the powdered sugar and cream, beating until smooth. I frosted the cake while it was still warm.
Don't forget to follow Yammie's Noshery on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or enter your email address in the top right sidebar to receive posts in your inbox!