So normally I make Grandma's microwave caramel corn because I'm lazy and Grandma's caramel corn is awesome. But then my friend Sarah introduced me to her "Caramel Popcorn".
Okay, now let's take a poll. Is it caramel corn or caramel popcorn? Caramelcorn? And while we're on the subject, is it "car-a-mel" or "car-mel". Because if you pronouce that silent "a" in the middle, I might throw something at you. Or at least run away plugging my ears in pain.
Anyway, you may recall Sarah from the lemon white chocolate biscotti episode. Obviously she knows what's going on.This is definitely the crunchiest caramel corn that has ever existed. Make it today. Goodbye.
- Sarah's Super Crunchy Caramel Corn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pop the popcorn.
- Preheat to the oven to 250ºF.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar and bring to a boil on the stove on about medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, leave it on the heat for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir the popcorn in until evenly coated in the mixture.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with lightly greased parchment.
- Bake for one hour (the recipe says to stir every 15 minutes, but I think that's unnecessary, I only stirred it once after 45 minutes).
Don't forget to follow Yammie's Noshery on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest or enter your email address in the top right sidebar to receive posts in your inbox!