Is it okay that stuffed french toast is a staple in this household?
What did you say? It is okay? You mean starting your day with this many calories is allowed? It's normal? It's healthy? It's glorious?
I love you guys. You always give me all the right answers.
Oh, did I mention that when your fork penetrates the crispy crust of this fudge drizzled, syrup laden work of art, it will reveal a hidden paradise of melted chocolate and cream cheese that has been stuffed within?
This is no ordinary french toast, my children. This is a stuffed french toast. You may remember a similar incident with raspberries a while back.
All you do is start out with your good, old, classic cream cheese and chocolate chip sandwich and turn it into a big, fat slab of french toast.
Wait, what? You don't think cream cheese and chocolate chip sandwiches are a classic? Well they are now. Good day.
- Cream Cheese and Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Two slices of bread (stale is good)
- An ounce of softened cream cheese (or enough to cover the bread)
- 1/3 cup of chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (or enough to cover the bread)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or milk)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Powdered sugar
- Hot fudge
- Maple syrup
- Make a sandwich out of the cream cheese, chocolate chips, and bread.
- Beat the egg, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla together and soak your sandwich in it, making sure you soak up as much as you can on all both sides.
- Fry in the butter on the stove, flipping once. When both sides are browned it should be done.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with hot fudge and/or maple syrup if desired.