Today I sent out the bills at the office. I licked so many envelopes that I thought I would surely die the death of George Costanza's fiancée. You remember, from Seinfeld? No? Nevermind. All I'm saying is envelope glue is certainly not good nosh. So I knew I would have to eat something amazing when I got home to make up for it. I asked Tay what he wanted for his cookie jar, which has been sadly neglected of late, and he made a request for these.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
For the cookies:
3/4 C peanut butter
1/2 C butter (1 stick)
1 1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C honey
1 t vanilla
1 2/3 C flour
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
- Cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the egg and beat just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, soda, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls on baking sheets and lightly press with fork.
- Bake at 375º for 7 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
1/2 C peanut butter
5 T butter
1/3 C cocoa powder
1 1/3 C powdered sugar
1 C chocolate chips, melted in microwave at low wattage
- Beat together the peanut butter, butter, and cocoa powder.
- Beat in the melted chocolate chips.
- Add half of the powdered sugar. Then add about 1/4 C milk.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and add milk until creamy.
- Sandwich cookies together with frosting.